It’s your choice.
You get to make the decision.
It all begins by making the decision of what you really want. Last week we discussed having a burning desire. Now it is time to detail that vision. In my first book, Chevettes to Corvettes: Unleashing the Ultimate Small Business, I noted that a dream is the emotional first half of a vision. The dream is that wispy emotional sense of what you want. The vision is a graphic depiction of that dream, a realistic picture of what you ultimately want.
Many never realize their breakthrough because they are just dreaming and not creating a powerful vision. The vision drives us to the breakthrough because we have identified exactly what we want and can recognize it when it happens. Amazingly, the desired breakthrough is often at a person’s fingertips but they cannot see it because they don’t know what it looks like. So they give up, thinking it will never happen.
What breakthrough do you want?
This is the beginning of an exercise I use with my executive coaching clients to help them turn that wispy dream into a graphic vision they can embrace.
What is your vision?
What is the one thing you want to change most in your current position?
What do you want most?
- a position in an organization?
- a certain income level?
- a flexible schedule?
- leading your own company?
- creating a disruptive product or service?
- being promoted in your current company?
- being hired by a competitor?
- changing careers?
- receiving an award?
- getting recognition?
- What is your style of leadership?
- What products or services do you want to create?
- What position do you want to be promoted to?
- What other career do you want?
- What award do you want most?
- What does it look like?
- How do you feel receiving it?
- What recognition do you want most?
- Who is giving you that recognition?
Who will be on your team?
What difference will you be making?
Become the Disruptive Leader
I am Dr. Loren Murfield and I work with aspiring and emerging leaders to become disruptive leaders, doing the impossible by changing the paradigm of their thinking and telling powerful stories. If that is your desire, contact me today.
Check out my online leadership platform. Power University
Like this post.
Share this post on your social media.
Follow me on twitter @theOpProf
(c) Murfield International, Inc. 2017