Doubt disables many aspiring and disruptive leaders. You might be one of them. If so, this is the post you are looking for.
As I began to create radical change, I doubted myself and my success. But as I changed the words I thought and said, my thinking and success came quickly.
Here are 9 of my favorite the messages I that I used (and continue to tell myself.)
- “Impossible simply means I don’t have the right resources yet.” People label something impossible because they don’t have the process, vision or resources to make it happen. Success is often figuring out the process, clarifying the vision or acquiring the resources. I will get the right resources.
- “Every great invention seemed impossible at one point, otherwise it wouldn’t be great.” Stay grounded in reality. I won’t be confused with the hype.
- “I’m normal. Every great leader doubted themselves at some point.” What made them great is that they succeeded. It was not DNA, fate or divine intervention. Greatness comes in finishing the great project. I will finish.
- “Critics live to proclaim failure. Ignore them.” I will tune them out.
- “Like any disruptive leader, I have a grand vision. I will keep focusing on that vision.” Those that doubt are doomed to fail. I will keep my focus.
- “Remember why this radical change is so important. It’s not just about me.” If I do not do this, who will? How many people will suffer waiting for this radical change? I must continue.
- “The difference between success and failure is often believing I can do it. I choose to believe.” Belief is a choice and I choose to believe.
- “The past does not dictate the future. I will do what others doubt I can do.” I am growing into my success, not limited by my past success or failures.
- “Thomas Edison was right. Failure is simply finding ways it doesn’t work.” That is why it took 10,000 attempts to create the light bulb. Some would say he was a huge failure because he failed 9,999 times. But they are wrong. He was one of the greatest inventors that the world has ever known. If he can persevere, I can too.
Create the Radical Change
I am Dr. Loren Murfield and I work with aspiring and emerging leaders to leverage their power in order to create radical change. Do you believe that is possible for you? Are you ready to begin proving your critics wrong, click here to contact me today.
Checkout my online leadership platform. Power University
Like this post.
Share this post on your social media.
Follow me on twitter @theOpProf
(c) Murfield International, Inc. 2016