Many say they want to lead. A few claim they want to disrupt. Will you be that person who breaks through, doing what many thought impossible?
I challenge you to read these 12 quotes from disruptive leaders and see how you measure up.
- “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” Peter F. Drucker
Do you see change as a problem or as an opportunity?
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” Charles Darwin
How are you responding to problems and opportunities?
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
What are you doing to be the change?
- “Where there is an open mind, there will always be a frontier.” Charles F. Kettering
What do you see in the future?
- “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” Richard Branson
Are you having fun?
- “Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” Vince Lombardi
Have you made disruption a habit?
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.” Napoleon Hill
What is your purpose?
- “I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages.” Robert Bosch
What is your strategy for disrupting?
- “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right!” Henry Ford
What are you thinking? Will you succeed or fail?
- “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” Jim Rohn
What will you do today to improve your skills?
- “The new source of power is not money in the hands of a few, but information in the hands of many.” John Naisbitt
Are you trying to wield or leverage your power?
Motivation & Persistence
- “To succeed… You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” Tony Dorsett
What keeps you pursuing that disruption when you feel like quitting?
3D PWR Tip: Become the Disruptive Leader by asking yourself the difficult questions.
(c) 2015 Murfield International, Inc.
Unleash the Ultimate(TM)
Leverage Your Power
Disrupt the World
Dr. Loren Murfield works with aspiring and emerging leaders so they can leverage their power to do what followers and critics think is impossible. This often involves working with them to develop their disruptive ideas and write their stories of rapid and radical change. What can you disrupt when you learn to leverage power more effectively? Contact Dr. Murfield today.
Download his FREE new eBook, “The 9 Critical Components of Leadership Power.”
Like this post.
Follow this blog.
Share this post on your social media.
Follow me on twitter @TheOpProf
Unleash the Ultimate (R) is the official trademark of Murfield International, Inc. All rights reserved.